Ship\'s crew who are involved in the handling and transport of dangerous goods
IMDG Code / SOLAS Chapter VII Part B / MARPOL – Annex III / 49 CFR 172 Hazardous Materials Regulations / IBC Code.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- Familiarize themselves with the various forms of hazardous materials and its effects human and the environment.
- Identify the regulations governing the carriage of dangerous goods and chemicals onboard ship.
- Discuss the application of Hazardous Materials Regulations in U.S. Territorial waters.
- Identify how dangerous goods are classified.
- Explain that the hazard presented by each class is identified by an internationally accepted hazard warning label.
- Discuss how Dangerous goods can be uniquely identified and explain the need of uniquely identifying the dangerous goods.
- Discuss the marking and placarding requirements for a cargo transport unit.
- Explain the purpose and objectives of the IMDG Code.
- Specify the contents and information that can be obtained from the Code.
- Discuss how containers containing dangerous goods are stowed and segregated.
- Show how to use the EMS Guide.
- Show how to use the MFAG.
- Show how to use the cargo compatibility chart and the IBC Code.
Regulations governing the handling and transport of dangerous goods
- Classification of Dangerous goods
- Identification, labeling and marking
- Use of the IMDG code
- Stowage and segregation requirements
- Emergency response
- Liquid chemicals in bulk
Twice a month